Hi Comm Ag!
We’ll be voting for our new 2011-2012 executive board at the general meeting on Tuesday, April 12th. All positions are up for grabs, including President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Public Relations and Webmaster.
- Someone who believes in the club’s mission statement
- Someone who will be able to make Community Agriculture Club a priority
- Someone who is capable of keeping the current momentum going throughout the entire year
- Someone with excellent management and organizational skills
- Someone who is creative, innovative and enthusiastic about community and urban gardening and community service
- Someone who is mature and capable of dealing well with the university
- Must have attended at least two Community Agriculture Club events this semester, including general meetings
- Must be present at the day of voting (April 12th)
- Must give a short informal speech about aspirations for the club, qualifications for the specific position, and explanation of current involvement in the club and community agriculture in general
- Must write a short statement of interest (less than 300 words) explaining your aspirations for the club, your qualifications for the specific position, and an explanation of your current involvement in community agriculture or other NYU clubs. This will be posted on the website for members’ viewing one week before elections. Submit no later than April 5th, 2011 to email@example.com
Detailed descriptions of each position will be posted to this website on March 29th, 2011 (two weeks before the election), but you may begin submitting now. You will have one week from that date to submit your short statement of interest.
We are excited for people to get more involved and to keep the club’s momentum going strong! We’ve made a ton of progress this year.
In one semester, we’ve gone
had a pasta party and done community service. And we’ll learn to compost, build sub-irrigated planters, and maintain a productive garden in the coming weeks! We want you to be a part of it!